Friday, July 24, 2009

EDGEWATER BEACH HOTEL


WOW it was posh, long promenade with stores and gift shops, a short little walk across a bridge over a koi pond, and you entered the polynesian village, man was that night club decked out. mom would sneak me in there, and I would sit in the back by the staff area and take in the show. It sure took me someplace I"d never been before !!! big orchestra playing tropical music and a floor show, fruit cocktails to boot, I was in heaven. I had a neighbor who on sundays would take me up in the tower. He was in the civil air patrol, and we would spot air traffic with binoculars. Back then we were worried about commies, you remember we had all those Nikes bases on the lakefront,,,,,,not our feet !!!! All good things come to an end.

No comments:

Post a Comment